la rebelión consiste en mirar una rosa

hasta pulverizarse los ojos


Alejandra Pizarnik





Joan Baez con David y Gabriel Harris: fotos, videos / Joan Baez & David and Gabriel Harris: photos, vídeos







, Joan Baez and son Gabriel at the Big Sur Festival (Photo by Jim McCrary/Redferns)





















Gabriel and me by Joan Baez

The grey quiet horse wears the reins of dawn,
and nobody knows what mountain he's from.
In his mouth he carries the golden key,
and nobody sees him but Gabriel and me. 

Gabriel and me. 

His nose is silver and his mane is white,
his eyes are black and starry like night.
So softly he splashes his hoofs in the sea,
that nobody hears him but Gabriel and me.
Gabriel and me. 


He comes in the morning when the air is still,
he races the sun and he always will.
We raise up the window and call through the trees,
oh we'd love to fly with you, Gabriel and me.
Gabriel and me. 


For your back is wingless and there's room for two,
we'll mount from a tree and ride straight on through.
But I guess you're wiser than I thought you'd be,
for you never will listen to Gabriel and me.
Gabriel and me. 


For you know that one day we'll forget to wake,
call it destiny, call it fate.
You'll nuzzle us softly and so silently,
we'll ride in the morning, Gabriel and me,
with the golden key.
Gabriel and me,
forever to the sea.


© Joan Baez
1970, 1971 
Chandos Music (ASCAP)

A song for David by Joan Baez

In my heart I will wait
by the stony gate
and the little one
in my arms will sleep.
Every rising of the moon
makes the years grow late
and the love in our hearts will keep.
There are friends I will make
and bonds I will break
as the seasons roll by
and we build our own sky.
In my heart I will wait
by the stony gate
and the little one
in my arms will sleep. 


And the stars in your sky
are the stars in mine
and both prisoners
of this life are we.
Through the same troubled waters
we carry our time,
you and the convicts and me.
There's a good thing to know
on the outside or in,
to answer not where
but just who I am.
Because the stars in your sky
are the stars in mine
and both prisoners
of this life are we. 


And the hills that you know
will remain for you
and the little willow green
will stand firm.
The flowers that we planted
through the seasons past
will all bloom
on the day you return.
To a baby at play
all a mother can say,
he'll return on the wind
to our hearts, and till then
I will sit and I'll wait
by the stony gate
and the little one
'neath the trees will dance.



© Joan Baez
1969, 1970
Chandos Music (ASCAP)































Joan contando con mucho humor cuando la policía
fue a detener a David, en español (video de la televisión
española). La canción,  en inglés.